Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sleep Fantasies

I always used to get bored by conversations about how sleep-deprived new parents are, but now I really and truly GET IT. The other day, I was driving my sister to the airport at 4:30 a.m. to catch a 6 a.m. flight. This was truly not an inconvenience at all, as I was already awake (to feed Emmett). As I was strapping him into the car seat, I started thinking about how wonderful it would be if he fell asleep during the ride, and then stayed asleep for a few hours afterwards. In the end, he didn't stay asleep but I did get a decent nap a couple of hours later. And now, I have to admit that instead of fantasizing about romantic entanglements with celebrities and quasi-celebrities, my fantasies tend to be more along the lines of "if we go someplace using the stroller, will that buy me an hour or so of nap time?"

No comments:

Post a Comment